Monday 9 September 2013

Two Teams One City..... My life this week!!!!



So this evening I thought I would write about what I have been up to in the last week.

 As many of you are unaware I'm a big football fan and LOVE going to watch my local football team Bristol Rovers. But last week (September the 4th) something happened that to be honest doesn't happen very often.
Well Bristol has two teams Bristol Rovers (my team) and Bristol City, well they played each other in a cup match and it was a tense, scary, proud and nervous affair.
It's like any local derby there's going to be clashes between the fans, but this was intense, the last time we played each other was 7 years ago!!!!! Feelings and memories were brewing from the our previous match, fans were thirsty for victory and the blood of each other!!! (I'm making this seem like a war, in-fact it pretty much was, war of Bristol).
That whistle blew, we all knew it was going to be the tense and nerve-wrecking 90 minutes and it was!!!! As fans chanted 'Good Night Irene' and bantered with one another in song, I thought for a moment this isn't 'Banter' they mean every single word they are singing. The stadium was louder than anywhere you've been before, Bristol was a quiet city that night, apart from Ashton the home of Bristol City our opponents, our enemies. To cut a long story short, it got violent, the stadium was suppose to be safe, with hundreds of police around the stadium apart from it wasn't. Fans got on the pitch, coins were thrown at us, punches, bottles anything they could get their hands on. Horses stampeded across the pitch to control the mayhem. It got stupid and the violence over shadowed the football!!! Lets hope there isn't another one for 10 years!!

I made it on TV!!!



Apart from the football match I have had a bit of a boring week, I went out on the weekend with some of my girlies, went out had a cheeky few cocktails and a boogie!!! 






Katie
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment