Sunday 6 July 2014

European Highlights 2014 #Noregrets

I don't usually write these type of blogs, but I thought I would share my adventures with you my lovely readers. 

Back in June- seems like ages ago!!! Me and my gal pal Lisa decided to take a little trip around Europe and didn't we have a barrel of laughs. 
We headed up to the big smoke (London) to start our European adventure, after staying in a not so luxurious hostel we were rather thankful to be travelling on a comfy plush coach for the next 14 days. We meet up with our other 50 Contiki travelers who were from all walks of life and came from various countries across the world- which was pretty sweet. 


Me and Lisa- Rhine Valley

We managed to conquer 8 countries in 14 days- I know how is that possible? We embarked on France, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Austria, Germany, Holland and Belgium. Within that little lot we visited two of the smallest countries in the world- The Vatican and Monaco. 
I was blown away by Paris, being a designer junkie this chic city had everything I wanted- sass, Paris Fashion Week, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany you name it they had it and of course the History- I mean I got excited seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral, Why? I hear you cry, because The Hunchback of Notre Dame was and is my most Favourite Disney film- I know lame reason!!! Second to Paris, was the big boy Amsterdam or the 'Dam' the city of no judgments and what a wonderful and intriguing place it was, defiently recommend it to anyone, incredible city. 


Chilling in Florence

Florence


Eiffel Tower

Selfie!!



Venice


Partying was a strong theme throughout the trip, whiteboard party in Rome, P party in the chatuex in the wine region in France, drinking some tiny little bar dry in the Rhine Valley and of course Shots shot shots shots shots in Amsterdam as well as a live sex show- cray huh? But amongst all of that we got to see the highlights of each city we went to whether it was embracing the Red Light District in Amsterdam, Climbing the Arc De Truimph in Paris, Riding the gondolas in Venice , visiting the Colosseum in Rome, amongst others things I have missed. Incredible memories where made at each and every stop of this trip and it was truly the best experience ever. 

Me and Brian!!!
My Cali Kids

Me and Lisa

This trip was made even more amazing by the great group of people we had surrounding us, we made a little group on this tour, which included some of the most amazing people, who unfortunatly happen to live on the other side of the world!!! Damn you, but even more reason to go out to Oz and the States hey! We experienced some of the most craziest things with these people and its mad to think how tight you become with people after 2 weeks!! Getting drunk with one another, sharing rooms- literally felt as if we had known them a lifetime!


Love these ladies! 

One thing I'll miss is no one will every make a pasta dish like the Italians, I never want to eat pasta again until I'm back in Italy. On a serious note, I've been really down since I've come back, it's made me realise how much of the world there is to see and being stuck inside a office is NOT what I want to be doing. Writing on a beach with a nice cocktail in hand sounds like my kinda job, but that's never going to happen, so back to the office I go *cries*. 


Trying to decide my next trip is difficult, any suggestions?

Katie
X





*These are not all the photos I've taken, as I wanted to keep some to myself :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment