Saturday 18 January 2014

I'm already over winter now, the rain, wind and grey skies are simply depressing and my mood is at an all time low!! I'm 100% blaming the weather.
The High-street is now stocking their floors with beautiful Spring/Summer clothes and I'm lusting big time!!!

Pastels are set to be big Spring 14, with Fashion week run ways drowned with beautiful pastel pinks, lilacs and mint greens. Who can forget Burberry's candy striped finale back in September? Pastel lace seperates and embellished iconic trench coats. There is no doubt in my mind that these will be imitated on the high street. 

Burberry Fashion Week 2013

While the midi-skirt has been a firm favourite and the ultimate transition piece. This spring it's older more sophisticated sister has come in to the limelight; The tea-length - a mix between the midi and maxi (How many more lengths of skirts are there??). 
I've already seen the tea-length skirts in some of the high street stores, such as H&M and Topshop. 
The ladylike hem can just be as modern as the midi or mini, just make sure you've got a bit of arm on show or a bit of shoulder. 



Sheer fabrics are another trend which is coming back for Spring. Designers like Calvin Klein have used sheer fabrics in their run way shows. Sheer fabrics are the perfect way to show off a bit of flesh, whilst keeping it mysterious and not trashy!

Next black mesh skirt, £48, out now


The Bomber jacket is BACK, for this Spring. These jackets remind me of my childhood I use to be obsessed with them when I was younger, as I got older I thought they were a bit 'Chav'. 
But they're back with bright and bold prints, just like this one from River Island. 



Just a few of my fave trends for this Spring, let me know what your favourite pieces are.
Do you take inspiration from the catwalks?


Katie
X


No comments:

Post a Comment